Thursday, April 13, 2023

Path Words

 


As I've been going along working on the Trinket blocks, I've found that I really have been enjoying using the fabric with words called "Path", as seen here in the HST block above. From far away it really "reads as solid." Also...the actual words are pretty cool, "Tonight is a beautiful day"

This is one of the Sunprints line which was from 2019. I have a collection of fabrics with words/typography and somehow missed buying these back then. I really liked how these prints "read as solid" when used in the blocks and felt that I needed some more of that happening in my Trinket quilt. I also had a couple spots missing in the color coverage (purple and blue).


I decided to search online to see if anyone was still selling this fabric four years later and I found The Trendy Little Geek shop still had 8 colors remaining on offer. I had to include this picture just because of LeeLoo's hilarious expression. I had just spoken to her and she was mad that she had been interrupted while inspecting the new fabric arrival.
I was really impressed with the super quick delivery and the very nice communication (and refund) about the small amount of sun damage that was on this pink piece. If you're looking for OOP Tula Pink or Alison Glass fabrics, check them out they have a lot of oldies. 

I also noticed this on their website: "April Hansen, the owner of this shop passed away May 12, 2021 from a 28 year lifelong battle with Cystic Fibrosis. This store will go on-because of her love for Tula Pink fabrics. Her inventory of current and retired fabrics is extensive." and am even more happy to have shopped with them.

That is it for fabric acquisitions for now, especially for the Trinket quilt, as I am now declaring that I have "enough".

No comments: