Thursday, April 27, 2023

Last Color Collective


I received my latest and I think last, Color Collective package a little early this time. So early that the pattern isn't even out quite yet. That will happen on the first of May. And this time it's supposed to be the guest quilt designer's turn, Jacquie Gering. I'm super curious to see what she presents us with. Especially given this vibrant color palette.
It's a really nice choice of colors this time, feels very updated and timely somehow. I do love that neon green (Acid Lime) and am looking forward to using it with all these other colors. Yes, the Hi-Chew candy was good this time, mmmmmango. Once again the two textured fabrics are so great, both are Essex linen, which is 55% linen, 45% cotton. This time we're using both the red and the peacock colors of this truly great to work with fabric. Sure it ravels and all, but it feels so good and looks really really great with the solids. I've already zig-zagged the edges of the two fabrics so that it won't get too crazy raveled when I wash them.

I'm actually feeling a lot better about using the Kona solids after working with them on the Slopes quilt. They seem to be much less thick than I remember them being, and the raveling isn't as bad as it is on some other fabrics. I do still like the hand of the Paintbrush Studios Painter's Palette Solids and the Art Gallery Fabrics Pure Solids more. I wonder if the greige goods they're using for the Konas is different now? I still have solids that I bought many years ago that were probably Kona, but as they don't have any labeling on the selvedge, I don't know for sure so I can't check my old assumptions. It is good to have this many options for solids now, for awhile quilters didn't have many choices. 

No comments: