Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Flying Pantone Geese

 

I'm in the midst of making new blocks for the Pantone Project and one of the blocks we're making is comprised of two Flying Geese units stacked together to make up the 4.5" square. I've been going down my list (well honestly, it's a database) of blocks that I've made and trying to even it up as to which blocks I'm contributing. I think there are 27 possible blocks, and we have 100 cards/colors. So that makes three to four of each one is what I'm shooting for in the end. 


As I was about to trim to size the Flying Geese units I remembered that I have a Bloc Loc Flying Geese ruler that is specifically for this purpose. Also important, I was able to put my hands on it nearly immediately. And it turned out that it is the exact size that I needed, score!  

Bloc Loc is such an innovative,  brilliant idea, that little 1/4" wide channel for the seam allowances works like magic every single time. And it works even better in the Flying Geese context, the ruler snugs right into place and really really stays put so that you can accurately trim. I remember thinking that it was a bit pricey for a single use ruler but it's definitely been worth it in my opinion. 

I remember that I had recently figured out that I really like the Flying Geese unit and that they really work best when those points stay pointy. I'm glad that I bought a size that has been very useful to me.

No comments: