Saturday, April 08, 2023

Several Saturday Updates


There are several things I wanted to update on but weren't "worth" their own post. First off, a quilt finish, Checkerboard-ish is done and on my table. I was able to get it done in time to show it off at the SBAMQG meeting, as it was a mini-quilt challenge for that group.
I'm very pleased with how the quilting turned out.
I did indeed do a facing and it worked out very well, not distorting too much and very flat which is good as it is being used ar a table runner.
Just as predicted (and hoped!), zig-zagging the edges of the two woven 1/2 yards from this month's Color Collective helped quite a lot with fraying. Definitely worth the extra bit of time to do this step before pre-washing wovens.
Leeloo has now discovered the joys of lurking on top of the fridge. Thankfully she jumped down onto the counter after I was done chopping (this time at least!).
We did Passover at my SIL's on the actual first night for once, and it was fun. I got to be the Locusts this year.
The old bird feeder is now under attack by squirrel, and is also beginning to break, so it needed replacing. The red glass hummingbird feeder just needs refilling.
I got a supposed to be squirrel-proof gigantic feeder. We need to hang it out further from the pole, that's happening today, DH has been scheming on various squirrel-defying solutions.

I went to do my daily jigsaw puzzle in the app I've been using for many years and check out this ad! Yes, even puzzle games are in on the Pantone Color of the Year Viva Magenta bandwagon. I took the opportunity to post it to Instagram along with my fabric pull for my own Viva Magenta quilt idea for the 2023 Color of the Year Quilt Challenge.
 

That's enough updates for now!

2 comments:

Jaye said...

The table runner looks great.

Are you planning to zigzag all of your fabrics or just certain substrates?

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Thanks! I am planning to try to remember to zigzag any of the more loosely woven fabrics, not the quilting cottons.