Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Pantone Project Choosing

 

Another small accumulation of Pantone Project Postcards have prompted me into action to make some more blocks for friend Jaye. This time I've taken pictures of several of the cards with the final candidates.
To help choose I've taken the photo and edited it to be black and white to inform the choice I end up making. Exactly matching the Pantone Postcard color is of course, pretty impossible, but it's a fun exercise to try and get close.

In some cases it really helps quite a lot. Especially when one of the fabrics is the one I like the best but is really not a great color match.
I think of it as another piece of information in the decision tree. 

This one was tough, I really wanted to use that bullseye fabric, or the one with the oval shapes.
But neither of those was close enough, too many steps off.
Here's the final choices, and now on to making a bunch of blocks.

No comments: