Saturday, April 15, 2023

Nine Rows of Slopes

I left off piecing together the Slopes top with five rows to go. I'm documenting as I go to help with getting the piecing correct.
Sometimes I screw up on getting a picture though, like in this case. I found another block that was trimmed to be too small, so I had to sub in another from elsewhere in the remaining design so I had to refigure the piecing order to get it right.
Finally, I got down to the very last row. I was watching the SF Giants play the Detroit Tigers on my iPad as I sewed. It's interesting when they broadcast the games on Apple TV, the camera work is so different. It helped make the sort of boring sewing go faster.

Yes! All nine rows are assembled now. And hopefully they will be fairly easy to sew to each other as I did a whole lot of pressing on each row as I went. I like this design quite a lot, but before I sew them together I'm going to label the rows and then move them around. Just to see if anything jumps out as a better alternative final arrangement.

No comments: