Friday, April 21, 2023

New Quilt New Fusible

 

I decided to try out a new type of fusible batting, when I ran out of my old faithful Hobbs. This is Quilter's Dream fusible, which is also 80/20 cotton/poly. As I unfolded the batting from the package I noticed that it wasn't sticking to itself...at all. It turns out that the fusible is only on one side. There's even a little stapled-on paper label on the fusible side. The Hobbs is (I don't really know), infused with fusible, it's not really apparent applied, it's just there, and thus it really sticks to itself. And it is not a big deal to separate it, even for the larger batts.

The fabric behind the batting package is this really lovely Chinese clouds fabric that I got a deal on, I like using this for backings because it's pretty.

Here's the start, it's going to be a 24 x 36" quilt, so that it will fit in with all the other quilts Ive made in that size for Stretching Art & Tradition shows. It's for the Climate Change Challenge that BAM is entering in the San Mateo County Fair. So it's due pretty soon. I have a sketch and I have a title, "Burn, Grow, Slide." I have all the fabrics chosen and I'm going to be working on it at the BAM retreat this weekend. I really hope that the fusible works! More on this later.

No comments: