Tuesday, April 04, 2023

Sixth Sense

 

The sixth Color Collective selection has arrived and it's once again it will be a lovely palette to work with. 
Yes indeed, Sewtopia includes a different flavor of Hi-Chew every time, which is immediately consumed, love those. Once again the two textured fabrics are so very intriguing to me, 

especially that Manchester in Peacock. Such a great color very Easter-egg-y to my eye.

And to avoid this horribleness happening:

I'm going to take the advice of Ruby Star Society in their Tips & Tricks for Sewing With Woven, and zig zag the edges of the fabric *before* I wash it. Hopefully that will work this time.

I have to confess I'm not too excited about the Color Collective block/quilt pattern this month as it's EPP, which I'm not proficient with. So maybe I should actually try it out. The pieces are relatively enormous which would make it a bit easier to work on. But the shapes are kind of clunky looking to my eye. That ends up making a not very appealing looking quilt in the end. So I'm not sure I'll actually use this fabric to make that quilt. 

It's kind of hit or miss for me as far as which block based quilts I'm interested enough in to try to make them myself. I'm more enjoying the Color Collective for the color palettes that Tara Faughnan is choosing than the quilt designs. I guess it's a fun chance to just work with someone else's choices for a change. There are a lot of colors in these palettes I would never have chosen to work with on my own. Perhaps it will end up expanding my color sensibilities or something?

No comments: