Friday, April 07, 2023

First Five Trinkets

The first week of the Trinket SAL is almost over and I've gotten the first five blocks done, right on schedule and everything. As you can see, I'm having fun making fabric choices. Finally, I "get" to use these yummies. They weren't in that annoying precious fabric category in my head, but they were right next door.

I'm using the new light box I got and finding it very helpful for making sure the fabrics are fitting over the lines with enough seam allowance.
The pattern includes a color guide for the block and for the first round of blocks I'm just going with it.
Why did I put off getting a light box for so long, this thing is awesome! I think light boxes used to be pretty pricey and very clunky/big so I just didn't get one and made do with a sunny window. But this is an LED version and is super lightweight and A4 sized. I think I need to make a storage case or something for it though to keep it safe and/or portable.
So here's the first five blocks, photographed on the new Oliso wool pressing mat. That and the good lighting makes them look so good
Some fussy cutting is of course involved here. I just love that little abacus.

I messed this one up many times, but eventually got the hang of the very small lines.
I'm so glad that AG has some word fabrics for me to use. That's definitely a thing for me lately so it's nice to carry on with in this project.
So...off to a good start, and so far so good and all of that.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

What lightbox did you get? I got a Daylight one a few years ago on sale. I don't use it often, but when I do it is GREAT! Much better than my old one. I kept the box and store it there. I haven't found a pattern that will work for it. I also want to keep mine safe.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

I got this LED Lightbox https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H7FLJX1?ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details&th=1 I'm also getting a clear/see-through cutting mat to lay on top of it. I am storing mine in the box it came in, but it's so slim and unsubstantial I do want to make some sort of storage case for it.