Saturday, April 29, 2023

Beautiful Fruit Blocks

 

Time to make this week's Trinket quilt blocks, Shapes #1-#5. I printed out the blocks and apparently my printer needs some new ink, as it came out in stripes on the little pictures of the blocks. Luckily I have the pattern book to refer to. For my first round of blocks I'm following the color choices in the pattern. Then when I make the duplicate blocks I'll use my own color picks.
I used my hand dandy Lightbox and clear cutting mat for help.
Lots of fussy cutting happening this time.
"Beautiful Fruit, In A Jade Lake." Having fun with the word fabrics as you can see.
This one came out a little bit off, but I still like it.
Reminds me of the Berkeley Campanile, hmmm I wonder.
for you Darling Strawberries

Oooh, that diamond worked out perfectly! So excited to see it. I did the trick of sewing the two sections together with a long stitch to check on alignment, and then shifted slightly before re-sewing with a short stitch.



No comments: