Wednesday, April 05, 2023

Now Three of Diamonds

I started playing around with the Slopes blocks currently covering my design wall because I wanted to photograph my completed Checkerboard-ish piece. That ended up happening on just a wall, because it would have been too hard to remove enough blocks without screwing up things.


Once I got started I realized there were some things I wanted to make sure I was doing with this, I really liked the diamonds shapes and particularly I like the ones where there were three out of four triangles of the same color fabric. 

So the game was then on to make sure there were at least one of each color. I stuck a pin in the center of each one to make it easier to rearrange.
 
It was looking better as far as having those three piece matching fabric diamonds, but I pushed it further to have two of each color.

That meant more pins in more places.

Then it became obvious that I should go for three each of the three matching fabric diamonds.

The quilt is now named Three of Diamonds. Now I had to look at things in mono to make sure there weren't unintentional blocks of dark or light that I didn't want.

I discovered that there were some blocks that had a dark on darker fabric combination that read as rectangles. Those blocks needed to be better spread out for balance, I think this is the final version I'll be going with, so it's now time to get sewing these together.



No comments: