Saturday, January 06, 2024

Start With Quilting

Finally doing some actually quilting, the first of the year, woohoo! I'm working on my SAT24 quilt and decided to pre-quilt the background before I apply the green shapes.
 Using the walking foot, I started in on the darkest gray and did some unmarked quilting. Decided to do a different motif in each of the five background fabrics.
Korben was keeping a sleepy eye on the proceedings. He pretty much slept through the walking foot racket. Is it just me and my walking foot, or is yours loud too?
Two more sections done. One with straight lines and one with curves.
Here's where I left off with two sections left to go. I started in on circles in the big remaining section. I traced several circles and then echo quilted so that they interlocked.
Here's how it looks on the wall with the green shapes pinned up and waiting on the side.

No comments: