Sunday, January 07, 2024

First 2024 Finish


For my first finish of the year, Made It Work is completed. This was a quick picture I snapped before heading to the BAM Sew Day yesterday. It's not pinned at the bottom so it's a bit wavy. I tried to turn it in to Peggy who is our Community Giving Coordinator, but after looking at it, she insisted I show it at this month's meeting for Show and Tell. So that will be happening later this month. I think I'll give it a wash and dry before then, just to make sure it's more pet hair free and also to see what it looks like when it shrinks up.
One detail of one of the blocks that I was given to work with. As I worked on this over several Sew Days and at home, I chose some additional fabrics to make it "big enough" mostly from the free fabric table. I only used some of my own stash for a small amount of the backing and to make the binding.

And here's a reminder picture of what was in the Make It Work baggie that I picked up last year. Please gnore the Temperature Quilt pieces on the left. I started out with a real mixture of more clear colors and some brown-ish ones too, so that got carried through to the final arrangement.

I'm very glad to have something finished in the first few days of the year. It may not be actual momentum, but it feels like it is.

No comments: