Thursday, January 11, 2024

Finished Edges

 

As seen on a previous post, this embroidered fabric used as a background. was something I picked up off of the freebie fabric table at the BAM Sew Day.
I turned under and stitched the selvedge edges twice.
Then I did the same on the cut edges. It was a bit harder as the embroidery is kind of thick and dimensional in spots.
And voila´, all four sides are done and nice and flat. I really love the swoopy design along the bottom edges. I thought about fringing the plain fabric, but decided that it looked better with a simple finish like this. I have a table that this is going on and it didn't need a fussy edge.
It's a really lovely overall design, and I really love the 3-d effect of that black and white thread.
I'm going to get some of this black and white Wonderfil D-Twist and try it out myself.


No comments: