Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Swamp Time

 

One of the online quilt groups I belong to, Quilt Mavericks, occasionally does block swaps. We actually call them Swamps instead of Swaps. I believe that's because of a long-ago typo that I've forgotten the details of. One of those inside joke kind of things. Anyways...We've done this particular block a couple of times, but we're doing another round using mostly batiks.  I've already received these three blocks and I need to make my own and get them mailed out.
Time to get to cutting, I forgot how much I love cutting out batiks. This fabric is so much easier to rotary cut.

I still have quite a collection of batiks to choose from. They're mostly from the color of the month batik club from eQuilter I belonged to many years ago. Equilter is still running this club, I recommend joining for a while if you're interested in batiks. The selection was always so interesting, a good mixture of darks to lights which I always struggle with choosing not just all mediums.


I used a lot of them making the Solstice Quilt, but there are still plenty of them to choose from.

No comments: