Saturday, September 03, 2022

Super Sew Days

I'm just back home from a three-day Sew-stra-va-gan-za, an extended Sew Day for BAM, and I got so much done! I made myself a little to-do list and got to cross off many things. Best of all I got to hang out with friend Jaye and get to know the guild members I've met online and in the couple meetings I've attended. Such a great group of people, all sorts of interesting projects getting worked on, so it was lovely energy in the room the whole time.
Above is the back I made for the Japanese Houses. I got to use up so much of my sort of vintage Hoffman Asian prints. I also made the quilt binding too, so it will be next up on the to-be quilted list.
I finished off quilting the Kitchen Sink Quilt with a bunch of diagonal lines going off of the star blocks and other angles in the quilt. Very dramatic sunset picture lighting, but I'm very pleased with how the quilting turned out. I also made the binding and half way sewed it on too, so almost a finish.
When I went to pack up to go to the first day, I took my Tutto rolling bag out and there was a crumbled up wheel left behind. I thought one of the new wheels I'd put on had disintegrated while it had been stored. It's been a few years since I used the bag. But all four wheels (which were replacements) were just fine and ready to roll. It was just a momentary panic, but kind of weird. Did I not throw away the old wheel somehow? 
 

No comments: