Friday, September 16, 2022

Greens 583 vs. 383


The Pantone Project cards have been accumulating, and I'd been pulling fabrics to use for each one. So it was starting to stack up. That meant it was time to make some actual blocks. As an illustration of the colors we're challenging ourselves with, here are two very lovely greens. At first glance they're pretty close to the same, but when you put them next to each other...not so much. 

These 4.5" blocks and their parts are so teeny tiny compared to what I've been working on with the Ruby+Bee giant-sized 24" blocks.

But I like the look of them so much, especially with the background fabric we chose. Even though the white on white printing is so subtle that sometimes I'm reversing the pieces. Which is just a little bit aggravating.
Here's four of them all together along with the 4.5" squares of the color fabric.
 

3 comments:

Jaye said...

These look GREAT! Good job! I promise to get to some blocks soon. My cards are stacking up as well.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Thank you! I'm pretty happy with how they're looking so far. I'm looking forward to seeing yours as you have time to make them, no hurry though.

Jaye said...

I picked fabric yesterday, so I am inching closer