Friday, September 09, 2022

Solids Only

A MQG fabric challenge using several of Windham's Ruby+Bee's solids looked interesting to me, so I bought the fabrics. And now I've used EQ8 to design myself a quilt to make using them. I think this is the first time I'm attempting this, so I hope the program did the calculations for all the sizes, etc. correctly.

They're pictured above, minus the print on the bottom of the stack. That dark blue is Really Really dark.

But so far, I hadn't yet gotten up the gumption to start cutting into the fabric yet. It's on this month's list, so here goes.

I've finally begun the cutting today, gulp. So far, I've done all the math and cut out the vanilla custard, mandarin and russet fabric pieces.
I haven't cut out the three blue fabrics yet, but here's how a part of the layout will look. The blank triangle spots are where the various blues will go. I like the fabrics a lot so far, they have a nice hand and cut nicely without a lot of powdering but then I haven't started them sewing yet.
 

No comments: