Monday, September 12, 2022

All Cut Out Now

I've now got the Ruby+Bee project completely cut out now, and I've just begun sewing pieces together.  I haven't put the whole thing up on the design wall because of the fan situation. We've got a bunch (five) of fans going to move the air around upstairs which of course affects the stay-a-bility of the stuff up on the design wall that isn't pinned down. Maybe if it's cooler today I can turn off some of the fans for a bit and put it up to see how it all looks.

 It's not a huge amount of pieces compared to a lot of other quilts of course. That was by design intentionally of course. I didn't want something too terribly complicated to try to make as my first solids quilt. But there are several sizes of triangles., but I think I've labeled everything clearly in a way that easily maps to the EQ8 printouts. So....as long as I've cut everything out somewhere close to accurately, in theory it'll go together smoothly.

I'm going to have to come up with a title too, but hopefully that'll come to me as I work on this quilt. Sometimes that's more of a starting point, but this quilt is coming from a different place, more of a designed, intentional space in my brain. One that isn't as connected to the title-making part of my brain.


No comments: