Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Green In Here

My son commented that "it's getting green in here" today, and he's right. I've gotten two more pillow sides  done and they now need to be quilted. The bottom one in this group picture has been pre-quilted. I still haven't decided if I want to do one side non-pieced, or piece both sides. So I either have one more to make, or five. There's plenty of green materials in the designated Fabmo box to use up.
This one is really lovely to pet. There's two different cotton velvets, several silk satins and one cotton embroidered silk.

This one got a little crazy pieced looking, on the angle and on the bias, so it will be interesting to quilt. There's a silk velvet burnout, a textured cotton woven, a poly-rayon,  embroidered and printed silk, printed woven cotton, and a bit of the neoprene/mesh. Another wild mixture of textures. and fabric weights.
This is the one that has been backed with batting and fairly loosely quilted.

 

2 comments:

Jaye said...

Have you thought of piecing them on batting, like foundation piecing with batting (quilt as you go??) so they are quilted when you are done piecing?

They look great and I like the idea of using the Fabmo pieces.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

I was working with batting scraps, so that wouldn't have worked out as well, plus I wanted the quilting lines to really show. It's fun using up all this FabMo fabric.