Monday, September 05, 2022

Unpacking Day


Yesterday was all about unpacking from the three days of Super Sew Day, and I pulled out my filled-up scrap collector pouch. I had intended to empty it into the schnibbles bags that the guild fills pet beds with, but they got packed up before I had a chance. To me, schnibbles is a technical term for non-usable scraps, usually the trimmed edges when rotary cutting and other little fabric and thread pieces.


 So into my own pet bed it will go.

Another thing I unpacked was a package from Amazon that included a rainbow assortment of pen refills. I only wanted the violet one, but it wasn't available to buy just on its own, so I "bought the rainbow." I guess my journal is about to get a lot more colorful. 

Also included was a big cone of Bottom Line thread in my favorite disappearing color "silver". I'm curious to see how long 3,000 yards lasts me so I wrote the date on the inside of the cone in Sharpie.
My design wall is no longer empty, I've got the now-quilted and halfway bound Kitchen Sink quilt pinned up there as a to-do reminder. That big white space is no longer taunting me.
 

3 comments:

Susan said...

I think I recognize that scrap collector pouch!!! I am so happy to see that you use it. I need to make some more of those.

S

Jaye said...

Susan: I use mine all the time. It sits in my living room where I stitch and gets filled to overflowing.

Julie: if you want Energel refills, try Jetpens.com. They have all the colors except magenta and lilac. You can get those from ipenstore.com. Not as convenient as Amazon, but both have great service.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Yes ,Susan, it absolutely is the one you made, I love it so much. Such a perfect size to have on the table next to the sewing machine.
Jaye, oh, yeah, Jetpens, I forgot all about them. I ordered an all green selection of pens and they were fun to try out.