Thursday, September 08, 2022

Only By Hand



I'm still spending most of my time in the one air-conditioned room we have (112F today! More than a week of every day 100+) thank goodness we have our power still. So, nope, there's no machine work or rotary cutting from me so far this week of weather misery. Instead, I'm continuing to add hand-stitching to this small, previously beaded and machine quilted piece.
I thought some X's would look good on this building.

And I was right. I really like this variegated Spagetti thread that I've been favoring lately.
When is this piece done? Good question. When it's done "speaking" to me I guess. It definitely needs more beading, so I'll get on that tomorrow.
I would really like to know what the heck I was thinking about this beading right up to the very edge?! Seriously, can I go back in time and gently place my future hand on my past hand holding the rotary cutter and whisper gently, "Stop, think again." What in the world was my plan here? After looking at it for a while, I think it will take a completely hand-stitched small ribbon binding of some sort to contain the edge. Or maybe glue or paint, perhaps just mounting and framing it? 

I'll guess I'll keep stitching and beading and thinking about it, and hoping for it to cool off sooner rather than later please.


No comments: