Thursday, September 29, 2022

Crowded Wall


 As you can see, I'm really running out of room on ye olde Design Wall. I got in the mode of randomly piecing, so now I have eight (front and back) pillow pieces. Today I'll be quilting the seven that aren't pre-quilted, then hopefully sewing them together with zippers on one edge. I'm going to try out this method for the zippers, fingers crossed it works. 

Really really looking forward to eliminating one big blue plastic box from underneath my sewing table. It's currently holding the four pillow blanks. They really take up a lot of room.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

I use these instructions to insert a zipper: https://blog.spoonflower.com/2015/07/zipper-pillow-tutorial/. I have used them several times and talk about it here: https://artquiltmaker.com/blog/2020/10/jawbreaker-finished/

I recommend that tutorial. I haven't heard of the one to which you linked.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

It was essentially the same instructions, it worked out great on my second try because I skipped a step on the first go round.