Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Come On Through

 

I now have two and a half of the four blocks of the Ruby+Bee project pieced together. That's a rough estimate. I didn't actually "do the math." It's going together pretty easily and I'm happy with how it's looking so far. Still need a title though. Come on through title, come on through. hmmm, that might work as a title, Come On Through. 
The dark blue is quite a bit darker than the one I chose in the EQ8 , but I think it still works in the design well as a sort of within the block frame. It's also going to be an exterior border. I think the medium blue vs. the orange and russet works well together to make a sort of transparency on this block.  I was happy with how my Y-seams worked on the piecing of this one too. Lots of marking, and stitching slowly.
This whole quilt is going to be 51" square once the border is on. It's almost time to start thinking about how I'm going to quilt this.

No comments: