Saturday, September 17, 2022

Come On Closer

 

The big blocks are all done, yippee! But not sewn together yet, and there's an exterior border of the dark blue left to add, but then this top will be done. Because I want to finish this in time to enter the Ruby+Bee challenge, I think I will forgo spending a lot of time piecing a back for it and just use one of the wide backing fabrics I have instead. 

The binding is also going to be made out of the dark blue, so this is a reminder to me to cut that out at the same time that I cut the border pieces. 

I'm beginning to ponder on the subject of how I will quilt this. I'm thinking the big "empty" cream spaces should be treated carefully as any quilting at all will really really show up there. But other than that I am still considering my options.

No comments: