Thursday, September 01, 2022

Sublime September


September is usually our hottest month, and this year there's a "heat dome" in the area, aka a heat wave. The meteorologists coming up with new terms like atmospheric river and heat dome just to keep us interested/entertained is funny to me. I'm not that read-in on the subject, so maybe they're new actually new concepts taught in meteorology courses or something? Anyways...enough about the weather. When it's hot hot hot, I tend to spend more time inside, watering the garden early before it's not worth it because the water evaporates so quickly. So hopefully this September I'll get some good work done.

This month's marker photo is the usual mash-up of two photos from the preceding month, edited in Snapseed.

A combination of a zoomed-in section of the completed Orange Bullseye quilt: 


and this ever-so-perfect curl of madrone bark I brought home after a walk with the dog and DH:

The One Second Everyday video made with the 1SE app is here:


And last but certainly not least, here's my list of: What The Heck Did I Actually Do In July???  aka The Monthly I-Did

I arranged the orange bullseye blocks, sewed them all together into a completed top.

I kept making blocks for the Pantone Project (but haven't posted the new ones yet)

I sewed the rows for the Japanese Houses quilt into a completed top.

I completed the quilting for the Kitchen Sink Quilt.

I re-started hand stitching on an older collage quilt.

I finished the quilts I'm submitting to Quilt National but haven't photographed them yet.

I carved a few new cork stamps.

I designed a quilt in EQ8 for the MQG Ruby+Bee challenge.

I kept going on the Secret Lives of Color quilt-a-long (but still haven't posted it here yet).

I steadily added to my Visual Journal aka Ephemera Journal.

I put all the new ICAD pieces into a photo page book.

I blogged here 24/31 days and Instagrammed 7 times.

Not bad for the "dog days" of summer and all.


2 comments:

Jaye said...

You accomplished a lot!!! Great job!

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

It was enough to be pretty happy about, thanks.