Wednesday, September 07, 2022

In The Shadows

 

Here's another picture for my shadows file. I really love the slightly more transparent shape of the glass shelf. It would be fun to do a quilt of this one and play around with the different transparencies. 

This is the garden window in our upstairs bathroom where I am only able to keep succulents and cactus alive. It gets the first real direct sun of the day so it really heats up and stays hot. I've got the usually not-drawn drape drawn. But you can see a bit of the blue of the sky through this curtain, which means it's not doing much at all to help keep the room cool. It's more of a psychological thing to block out some of the sun. But, realistically, it might be time to invest in insulated curtains. Something tells me these heatwaves are not going to get better any time soon.

No comments: