Tuesday, September 06, 2022

Too Hot

 

Welp, this is what I did yesterday. Survived the heat. It got up to 86F inside the main part of our house and it was too much for me. Supremely grateful to have a house, even one that's so hot, and to not have to be working outside. 

I just realized that I didn't send in my submission to Quilt National which was due yesterday. Not meant to be this time I guess, putting it on the calendar for two years from now.

We have a room air conditioner set up in our bedroom, so I'm holed up in there already today, woking on hand stitching stuff and coloring in more postcards for voters. And all the pets are lined up on the bed soaking up the cool air just like yesterday.

Yesterday, I made us a nice cold chopped Greek salad for lunch, and DH made grilled salmon and cold soba noodles and steamed broccoli for dinner. He set up our camp stove outside and cooked the noodles there to not heat up the kitchen. I think I'm going to use our Instant Pot outside today and make some good beans.

It's crazy y'all. It only cooled off to 69F overnight, so who knows what will happen today. At least our area didn't have one of those very frequent localized power shutoffs, and the CA power grid just barely made it through peak demand. We did have one fire started (not sure how) near one of the state parks near us, but it got handled quickly. Fingers crossed for today. I've got to go water everything...again.

No comments: