Friday, October 20, 2023

Dyed Group Shot



One last group shot before all these FQ's get torn up into 4ths for over-dyeing experiments for the second part of the Dye Mastery class I'm taking. The whole point is that this is supposed to be a repeatable skill, dyeing fabric to look approximately the same. There are a lot of variables of course, but now that I have the formulas and the process down, it'll be fine. Just like convincing myself to use precious fabric, I can always make more.

For the Temperature Quilt, I've gotten three fabrics dyed out of the ten that I needed so far.  They're not exactly right, but I think given the variation within the dyed fabrics I've already been using they will work out fine.
I'm going to be using three different fabrics, Pimatex PFD, Kona, Painter's Palette which I've embroidered on the selvedge of the half yard pieces. I'll be trying to get close to these purple, blues and greens. Taking this dyeing class has really helped remind me about how the various dye colors work together which will hopefully be useful here.

No comments: