Tuesday, October 31, 2023

October Cornucopia

 

As it's Halloween today, here's a vintage picture of our pumpkins from way back in 2014. I hope your day is as spooky and candy-filled as you wish. This is a cornucopia post that contains links to all the stuff I enjoyed online this past month, hopefully you'll find something in here that will be a treat.

~>~>~>~>~🎃🎃🎃~<~<~<~<~

A well-illustrated tutorial on making fancy 3 fabric pillowcases.

~>~>~>~>~🎃🎃🎃~<~<~<~<~

Great article about how sewing skills can help you to Never Acquire Clothes the Same Way Again by Ann Friedman.

~>~>~>~>~🎃🎃🎃~<~<~<~<~

I saw this sweater repair video on Instagram and thought it was lovely and a brilliant solution. Will I ever do it? Probably not, but now I know it's an option.

~>~>~>~>~🎃🎃🎃~<~<~<~<~

A brief history of candy corn, in my opinion: yuck! But you can certainly have mine if you like it.

~>~>~>~>~🎃🎃🎃~<~<~<~<~

Don't forget, November 4th is International Scrap Sorting Day.

~>~>~>~>~🎃🎃🎃~<~<~<~<~

I always enjoy reading A.R. Moxon's writings, this recent one about "Appropriate Anger" really gets to the point.

~>~>~>~>~🎃🎃🎃~<~<~<~<~

Some advice for spooky Halloween costuming from the 19th century!

~>~>~>~>~🎃🎃🎃~<~<~<~<~

I watched a lot of spooky horror this month, really enjoyed the mini-series The Fall of the House of Usher on Netflix. It combines so much of Edgar Allan Poe's work all in one delicious gothic story. Not for the faint of heart though. I also started listening to a BBC podcast, The Lovecraft Investigations. It's really a radio play complete with sound effects and music and excellent voice acting. If you've ever read any H.P. Lovecraft, you'll enjoy this one.

~>~>~>~>~🎃🎃🎃~<~<~<~<~

No comments: