Monday, October 23, 2023

Washout Day

Saturday afternoon was 24 hours since I'd finished dyeing, but I didn't have the energy, so I left it all to Sunday. After a whole lot of rinsing and washing, I've gotten it all done.  

Now this is a fun to-be-ironed pile! The dyeing washout day was done in stages, blue/purple/greens was the first load. The big pieces in the foreground are the half yards for the Temperature Quilt.
The first strip that I opened up to iron made me go, wow! 

As I ironed I pinned them up with the original color strip that didn't get over-dyed.
And a whole lot more, it's getting so complex.
Another load to be ironed, this time the reds and oranges. I didn't take a photo of the yellows to be ironed. It's so funny that the strips that I steam ironed the accordion folds into went back to that way after I unfolded them after washing and drying.  So they got ironed flat once again.
Here they all are in a rather chaotic picture, not really presented or arranged, each of the three over-dyed strips pinned up with the control color strip. It's just a wall of color and dark and light and texture. Such a variety, I'm super pleased. And very tired! I had really forgotten just how tiring dyeing is physically. It's such a joy while you're doing it that it's quite easy to push through and end up over-tired. But that might just be me.

I will take another finale photo after I do a whole lot of arranging, as well as take some more detailed closeups.  

No comments: