Sunday, October 08, 2023

From White to Wow

 I'm so excited, I'm finally getting a chance to take a dyeing class with Jane Dunnewold. It's an eight week course called Dye Mastery: From White to Wow and it's all presented online so I don't have to travel to Texas for her in-studio teaching. I've been following her work and reading her books to learn how to dye, for many years so it's fabulous to get this chance to hear it right from the source. It's also fun seeing how everyone else is learning too. It's a great reset for me, to regain my confidence in the dye studio.

The first step we're starting with is dyeing a 12 step color wheel, so that means starting with 12 fat quarters. She left it up to us to choose the fabric, I picked a really smooth tight Pimatex cotton.


I machine embroidered the letter for each color on the selvedge of each FQ.

Then I accordion folded and steam ironed each fat quarter, 

I wrrapped each of them up with a rubber band making sure to leave the color initial showing. 

Here they are all bundle up and in order, all ready for dyeing tomorrow. I can't wait. Let me know if you need any rubber bands, I've got a few to spare as you can see.

No comments: