Wednesday, October 18, 2023

PIQF Fabrics & More

 During the class I took at PIQF I realized that my fabric selections weren't serving me very well. I brought a lot of very high contrast typography fabrics, some other random mostly brights and some of my hand-dyes.

So I dashed downstairs during lunch and bought some FQ's to work with. They are all browns and some are quite ugly, yes, but I used all of them.

And I also bought some small sharp scissors, as the Kai ones I brought were not sharp enough and not small enough for the tiny pieces of fabric we were working with. These Sookie Sews micro tip scissors ended up being perfect and they were on big sale too. Bonus is that the handles actually fit my fingers which was a surprise. Usually small scissors do not fit me well. I notice that the package says "Large Ring Scissors", I guess that's what I need.

And then on Monday morning, I got to pick up the mail and my order from Iđź’—TulaPink was here. They had a sale on quilt backs so I bought this HissyFit one, it's an enormous (54"x72") blown up digital print of one of my recent favorite Tula fabric prints. 
My plan is to use it as the back of my City Sampler.

I also had to. get the unicorn pins that were on sale, because pink unicorns. They're really nice pins besides the novelty aspect.

Yesterday I picked up my two PIQF quilts and "had" to got to Golden State Quilting. I was much "better" this time and "only" bought 2 yards of white Painter's Palette to use in more dyeing for the Temperature Quilt. I now see one of the reasons why they volunteer to organize collecting quilts, haha. No picture, because it's just white fabric. And yes, I'm going to machine embroider the selvedge before dyeing.


No comments: