Sunday, February 19, 2023

Pins Out

 

The Pantone Project Postcards (PPP) keep arriving from friend Jaye and I need to make some more blocks to go with them. I was sorting out some embroidery threads during the BAM meeting I was virtually attending yesterday and randomly made this very nice color arrangement.
It somewhat reminded me of this combination from the Stitch Happens quilt. 


I did some stitching on the Snake in the Garden piece during the meeting, it's coming along. I still have a lot of stitching left to do, but I'm getting there. This was started in a class with Pamela Allen way back in 2007.

Stitching through the "snakeskin" was pretty tough, that's a very weird fabric. It was the only piece of fabric on the whole piece that had pins holding it down, and I wanted to get those pins out before they rusted in place.

Whatever glue I used in 2007 really has stayed put. It might have been glue stick, I don't think it was fusible. Whichever it was, it worked, all the pieces are still in place. And the pins are out for good.

No comments: