Friday, February 24, 2023

Snow Day #2

Well, apparently I live somewhere where it snows now. 

It's really beautiful of course, but also quite confusing visually. This isn't how it's supposed to look out my windows you know?

I think we have even more snow this morning than yesterday.

It's been alternating snow and rain, and it's staying around freezing temperatures, so it's an absolute slush-fest on the driveway.

Our poor palm tree. I've been apologizing. Also to all the succulents, and the South African and Australian plants that had been doing so well in our hotter climate. Sigh.

Our power is still out, and our power wall battery is under 30% now, and the solar panels are covered with snow and ice. DH tried to clear them, but the ice is just too heavy. We're going to have to wait for a thaw I guess. And we're going to have to get the generator going too. Hey, at least the internet is on, right?

I did work on some Pantone Project blocks yesterday. I have five cards that needed fabric matches. I was super surprised to have a fabric for that very dark purple (Black Iris).

This peach-y beige was very hard to match, but I think I found one that works.
HST's to be sewn together today.

Unfortunately I couldn't iron (because of conserving battery power) so the blocks aren't pressed except for a seam roller going over them.




2 comments:

Jaye said...

WOW! That snow is amazing. I can understand your confusion about things not looking 'right'.

We had some small piles of frozen water against our back fence yesterday morning, but they were melted by noon. Paul thought they must be accumulated from the hail the night before. No snow on San Bruno mountain, but plenty on other mountains around the area.

The Pantone blocks look good! I have get over my setback and move forward! So sorry for the delay.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

The snow was fun, but we're over the novelty of it now. Don't worry about making the Pantone blocks, it's not a time-sensitive project or anything.