Friday, February 17, 2023

On Background

 

And just like that all the main block piecing for Stitch Happens is done. Now it really looks like a sewing machine to me.
Here's how it looks with the other background pieces pinned up in place.


Here's how it looks with the "table" section below. I kind of wish my table looked like this! How fancy would that be?

Here's a close-up of the needle section and I decided that the topsy-turvy print is okay because it reads as "motion" to me. As in the needle going up and down as one sews. It's not that noticeable in a non close-up view, so I decided to not worry about it.

This is the only section I'm slightly unhappy with because the star just disappears. I might re-do that today with different fabric choices before piecing all the sections together.
Here's a close-up of the beautiful bees that are flying along the table section.
I chose not to have the frog faces highlighted, that would have been too many eyes staring out from the quilt, even for me.

No comments: