Tuesday, February 28, 2023

February Cornucopia

 

Some kissy fish for February, this is a picture from Hong Kong. February is done, such a short month. Here's a cornucopia of all the links to a bunch of things I've enjoyed on the internet during February. 
Note: I will not apologize for excessive use of cutesy emojis in this post.

💗💋💖💕💞💓💑💏💋💘💙💗💚💖💛💕💜

I love this 365 days of stitching project from Jean Wells. Her take on the "why" of it is just wonderful. I'm going to start one of these!

💗💋💖💕💞💓💑💏💋💘💙💗💚💖💛💕💜

This hilarious letter reading by Taika Waititi is not to be missed. This is a Letters Live performance from the Royal Albert Hall in London, a ongoing series where they have actors and other creatives read actual letters in a dramatic fashion.

💗💋💖💕💞💓💑💏💋💘💙💗💚💖💛💕💜

A great idea for turning lone quilt blocks into something useful, a packing cube!

💗💋💖💕💞💓💑💏💋💘💙💗💚💖💛💕💜

A very well-done tutorial on envelope pillow making.

💗💋💖💕💞💓💑💏💋💘💙💗💚💖💛💕💜

There are of course about a zillion ways to make a basic tote bag, but here's a very cute HST charm pack version.

💗💋💖💕💞💓💑💏💋💘💙💗💚💖💛💕💜

Could the Art of Sashiko Help to Mend Our Frayed World? Such an evocative title, and a great article.

💗💋💖💕💞💓💑💏💋💘💙💗💚💖💛💕💜

Just the introduction essay for the upcoming edition of Selvedge magazine is worth a read about the difficulties of re-using materials in clothing production. Several good ideas are included for attempting this on one's own stash of used clothing. I might have to splurge on this issue.

💗💋💖💕💞💓💑💏💋💘💙💗💚💖💛💕💜

I like this free bag pattern from Arabesque, it's similar to another one I've made, but I like the folding up part of it. And the illustrations are rather helpful.

💗💋💖💕💞💓💑💏💋💘💙💗💚💖💛💕💜

Very interesting workshop offerings at Fibre Arts Take Two, if the preview videos are any sort of sample, they're very well filmed. I asked to be notified about Cas Holmes' course.

💗💋💖💕💞💓💑💏💋💘💙💗💚💖💛💕💜

A very clear instruction video on making a padded printing board. Now to find some Homosote board.

💗💋💖💕💞💓💑💏💋💘💙💗💚💖💛💕💜

Project Quilting, a takeoff on Project Runway is a 1 week prompted quilt challenge, looks like fun, and there are prizes.

💗💋💖💕💞💓💑💏💋💘💙💗💚💖💛💕💜

I really love Alison Glass fabrics, and I'm excited to be participating in a sew-a-long that she's hosting for her quilt design, Trinket. It starts 3/28/23.

💗💋💖💕💞💓💑💏💋💘💙💗💚💖💛💕💜

Cheesecloth word skins, what? Putting this on my try this out sometime list.

💗💋💖💕💞💓💑💏💋💘💙💗💚💖💛💕💜

A free 3 session class in March from Latifah Saafir on 7 Ways to Use a Clammy.

💗💋💖💕💞💓💑💏💋💘💙💗💚💖💛💕💜

I know I've probably used some of these Century Solids by Andover, but here are some great free patterns utilizing their 100 available colors.

💗💋💖💕💞💓💑💏💋💘💙💗💚💖💛💕💜

2 comments:

Jaye said...

Really great selection of links! Thanks for sharing. I love your cheerful emojis as well.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Glad you liked them. Those cheerful emojis are a bit much all on one post, but I thought it was cute.