Thursday, February 16, 2023

Getting Stitchy

 

More and more is getting done on the Stitch Happens quilt, it's really coming together and starting to look like a sewing machine shape. I'm still really excited about how good that multi-colored polka dot fabric looks as the spool 
I'm using my Steady Betty pressing mat to stage the block's pieces and walk them over to the iron and back. It helps to keep everything organized in a way that works for me. Also, it's not floppy so it acts more like a grippy tray.
I almost didn't include more pieces of that yellow/dark yellow ruler print but I think it looks good carrying across from the block to the right of it. And it's a good contrast to the Tula Pink yellows that I have.

I like the right part of this block quite a bit.
It's fitting right in.
Here are two pictures that show the quilt growing.

Maybe I'll put the series of pictures all together in a little video, so you can see all the blocks growing up into a quilt.

This is the last piece of the quilt that I need to piece, it's the needle section of the sewing machine, as illustrated by a series of sharply pointing-down flying geese. Then it'll be the job of piecing the pieces together. Before doing any of that I'll have to decide whether or not the result of following the pattern's four-at-a-time method of piecing FG units ends up higgledy-piggledy directions of the background fabric is worth re-piecing them or not.

No comments: