Monday, February 27, 2023

To The End

 How is this month nearly over? To me, it feels like it's been a weird and short one. Travel to Arizona, another long power outage and then the snow excitement on top of it. 

I got the five Pantone Project blocks done and pressed. 
I like putting the finished blocks and fabric squares up with the postcards for a little group picture. Looking at it from a distance, it shows me how close to accurate I got in my colored fabric choice. It also highlights the possibilities of how these blocks can be put together. Look at that cool combo of the peach/beige and the green blocks it makes a super interesting almost star block. 



I've also been playing with the fussy-cut Tula Pink fabric table topper, Rock Candy that I posted about earlier this month. I thought that it might look better, or just show off the fussy-cut fabrics a bit more to have a less busy fabric as the "background". I chose a light blue print, one of the Minerals. And I think that second round really sets off the star well. I moved the busier print to be the outer ring and it looks better.

But maybe I should do the outer ring in the blue Mineral print as well. I stuck a couple in the upper section and I think it might work out better. Maybe I'll just do the borders and binding in the busier print.

No comments: