Sunday, February 05, 2023

Good Mail Day

I was lucky to have a very good mail day earlier this week, when I finally went and picked up the mail from the PO Box. The new Color Collective bundle of half yards arrived which can be seen there on the right. 

Also two new sewing machine feet from Ken's Sewing, friend Jaye recommended an Ultra Glide foot for more easily sewing vinyl, and I also bought a concealed zipper foot for the next time I try a zipper insertion. 

I needed a bodkin the other day when making the drawstring pouch, so I found a Clover version that had two versions. Also a spool of Wonderfil Deco-bob 80 weight thread that Tara Faughnan recommended to use for very flat seams while piecing.

Here's a close-up of the Color Collective bundle, I really dig this one! The two non-Kona solids are the bottom one which is a black Essex yarn dyed woven with sparkly silver. It made me go "oh no, I hope it sews up ok" but we shall see. The other one is the same nice linen/cotton woven in an amazing color, dyed curry.
 

No comments: