Friday, January 27, 2023

Drawing Strings



Check it out, I actually made a bag, just a small one for a birthday gift for a friend. I used a recently bought Mini Drawstring Gift Bag pattern from A Spoonful of Sugar Designs.  Hooray for me using a pattern and not forgetting that I have it to use...

I found that the directions were fairly clear with good clear photos that you can really zoom in on to make sure you're understanding the details of the trickier part of the directions. That's one of the nice thing about digital patterns to me, it's a lot harder to zoom in on a printed pattern!

Box corners are always so nice on the finished bag, but sometimes I have trouble figuring that out, but following the directions worked.

Adding in the lining was really easy, I was wondering about the order of steps when I first read the pattern, but then it made sense once I did it. 3-D is so challenging for me sometimes.

The pattern called for using a bodkin to thread the drawstring. and I had to made do with a safety pin, but I've got a bodkin on order for next time.

I think it turned out so cute, and I hope my gift-ee enjoys using it along with the present inside.

I used some of the scraps to sew up a little card.

And I found a stash of glassine envelopes to use. Oooh fancy.

No comments: