Monday, January 23, 2023

Hot Stuff

Birthday lunch with friend Jaye of course involved some shopping, I only bought two things which was rather amazing to me. Maybe I finally have Enough? Don't laugh, it could maybe possibly happen at some point. 

One was a new project that is very new to me, and something I need in my kitchen. The Hot Stuff Everyday Mitt, which involves a heat-resistant silicone oven mitt and a pattern for adding fabric to it. I bought the clear version, so that you have a fabric design showing through in the mitt as well as on the cuff. It also comes in red (pictured) and green.

This fabric has a really lovely hand, Color Wheel by Annabel Wrigley for Windham Fabrics. There's a green/blue/yellow/brown version of this design as well which is pretty too.
The reason I chose this particular fabric was to pair it with the solids that I bought for the Hot Hot Hot quilt idea I'm working on to utilize the Pantone color of the year, Viva Magenta. This would likely end up being a border, binding or maybe sashing of some kind, definitely a candidate for the backing.
 

No comments: