Monday, January 30, 2023

HRT Stack

Time for some Color Collective fun with solids. The advice was to starch the whole piece of fabric before doing any cutting. It took a while but I can see why it's faster and also safer to not distort the bias of the Half Rectangle Triangles this quilt will be comprised of. Instead of cutting up all of the fabric, all at once, I decided to just cut one strip of each color to play around with and make sure I like making this block.

The cutting went pretty quickly once I got going. I splurged on a Quilter's Select 6.5" wide by 24" long ruler and wow does it ever stay put.


I'm finding I enjoy this color palette while working with it. The addition of the two textured fabrics makes it interesting to handle as well.
The worktable in progress, I don't know why but I like those selvedges a lot and am going to keep them together for now until I figure out what they're going to be.

And just like that I have a stack of Half Rectangle Triangles.

A really really big stack! Doing this project with all solids is sort of brilliant, because you don't have to worry about right sides as you would with prints.

This is a dark/light arrangement that I'm starting out with and sewing together just these so far.

This chevron arrangement is kind of cool.

I think this diamond-ish arrangement is very interesting and I'm probably going to go with this one.

No comments: