Sunday, January 08, 2023

Color Choices

Storm report: Power is still out, Internet was out and is back on, still have cell service. We got another 2.25" of rain yesterday. More to come today and a lot more expected on Monday. 
Instead of sewing, I decided to choose fabrics for the backlog of Pantone Project postcards that I've received from friend Jaye. As you can see it's a nice selection of colors to work with.

This red plum was fairly easy to match up, I had a lot of plums-y colors to choose from.
This one took a while, sorting out the different grays (brownish, purplish, bluish, etc.) and then choosing.
This is not a great picture of the card, it's showing up as rather dark. I didn't have my usual studio overhead light, only my table light.
This is a nice green isn't it? Kind of soft.
This is definitely not the color of a mimosa that you can drink, but it's a nice in-between mustard and cheddar yellow.
I almost chose that top fabric which was Grunge, but it had too much green overcast to it.

I thought I was just about done, but then my DH came home with the mail and there were two more cards. My studio walls are fairly close to these colors.
The orange was fairly easy to match up.


Here's the whole eleven color family ready to get worked with and made into blocks.

No comments: