Friday, February 03, 2023

Stitch Happens Section 1

 

One of the sew-a-longs I'm doing is making the Stitch Happens pattern. I missed out on participating in January, but the videos from SewHungryHippie are still up in the classroom. I chose to go with a mostly Tula Pink fabric palette, and also I'm pulling from my Box of Letters. All fabrics with words and letters. But I'm being flexible and subbing in other choices as needed. Like above in the upper left hand corner, I needed a pretty dark purple and I just didn't have a TP fabric. that would suit.
I really like the distinctive eyes in the owl fabric, so I fussy cut a little bit.
I tried out several fabrics to use for the background but I went with this typographical black white fabric.
I think it reads pretty well as a background from a distance. This is all I've gotten done of the pattern so far. This is the bottom section of the sewing machine.
I'll admit it took some figuring to get the letters to be all right-side up with those HST in the background.
I like how this pattern works, the various fabrics flow from section to section and meet up and make interesting shapes. The class went in a very different direction than the pattern which made the fabric placements very confusing. I ended up just using the pattern.
More eyes! Eyes that are reading letters, and trying to make out words if they're there.

No comments: