Thursday, February 02, 2023

Illustrated February To-Do

After a rather turbulent January, the ol' design wall is pretty much unchanged as you can see. The pile of quilts to be photographed is still there, un-photographed, the quilt tops pinned up on the left are still un-sandwiched and un-quilted. But there are a few new things, two more Clover blocks, and three pieces of the Stitch Happens quilt are pinned up. There's still a lot to do, and now that the weather has calmed down, hopefully more will get accomplished in February. I've kept the to-do list separated into two sections because I found that helpful. 

Sew-A-Long Thingies



Pantone Project, I'm mostly caught up on making blocks and I'm really excited with how this project is coming together.
Stitch Happens (well Happened), I missed out on doing it along with everyone else in January, but I'm proceeding along in February and enjoying doing it my own way. I love this pattern.
Color Collective has a few more months to go. I'm finally started on month two's pattern, but it is not a race as I keep reminding myself. It's very fun to see what other participants are coming up with.

Temperature Quilt, I have the tools now, but have not yet landed on exactly the colors/fabrics I'm using, so I have not started yet. Already a month behind! Also, a long term project which is also not a race.

Secret Lives of Color - I need to finish the rest of the book and make the rest of the blocks.

Finish It Up
(I took out the "already" from the title because it sounded too mean)


Sew down facings, add hanging sleeves and label to 
Sightlines triptych.


Finish quilt photography (and put away photographed quilts)



Sandwich, baste, quilt, bind and label the Orange Bullseye.


Y.E.S. Coat I really need you now that it's winter, so get some blocks and parts made.

Sandwich, baste, quilt, bind and label the Japanese Houses.

There is plenty to choose from in both sections of this list, and I hope I'll have some finishes this month so I can switch it up a little more for March.

3 comments:

Jaye said...

What about Half Rectangle Triangles for the new temperature quilt? Do you like making them? Using the HurTy?

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

I haven't started in on the Temperature quilt yet. And I have not tried out the HurTy yet, I made the half rectangles for the Color Collective without it.

Jaye said...

Well, it's a thought! Put it on your list to consider.