Thursday, February 23, 2023

Snow Day!

 

It's actually snowing! We got about 1/2", whoop whoop. It's already melting I think because the sun has come out. But here's a ton of pictures because it's so wild to see everything white outside. Meg did a very quick U-turn, she doesn't see what the big deal is.
About a 1/2" accumulated I guess, maybe a bit more? I should have taken a ruler outside with me.
Snow falling action shot.
It really was beautiful, and to see actual snow falling was such a treat.
Grandma Stark would have been surprised to see her patio chair snow-covered (and purple for that matter).
I got snow inside my slippers, brrr.
Oooh, Bonny Doon got a lot of snow, that's the mountains in the distance.
I'm so sorry to my tender plants, I hope they make it.
The junipers are just too vertical for this snow stuff.

The cherry tree is so beautiful with the branches limned with the sunlight caught in melting snow.

Our power has been out since February 21st at noon, it is maybe going back on February 23rd at 3pm. We're really glad we have a wood stove today! DH is out there clearing the snow off of the solar panels. Wild stuff.

No comments: