Thursday, February 01, 2024

First Month Review


So that was January. I'm writing this on the last day of the month and scheduling it to post on 2/1 just in case our power goes out as there is a giant storm incoming and it's Very Windy right now.
This monthly marker is again created in Percolator and then in Snapseed. It's a combination of two photos. 

The first is an in-process detail photo from my SAT 24 quilt.
After playing with it Percolator, here's how it looked.

And the second photo that I combined the Percolator edited photo with in SnapSeed is of an in-process Swamp Block.

Here's the One Second Every Day video for January which is a whole 31 seconds for 31 days.

 Monthly I-Did-It List for January

1. I finished the July column for the Temperature Quilt and cut out more pieces.

2. I made more Pantone Project blocks.

3. I made and submitted a small quilt for the first Project Quilting challenge of 2024.

4. I finished the Made It Work quilt and dropped it off at BAM.

5. I finished the quilting on the Village/Japanese Houses quilt.

6. I added the binding to the Village/Japanese Houses quilt for a finish.

7. I cut out, made and sent 8 Swamp Blocks.

8. I made and submitted a small quilt for the second Project Quilting challenge of 2024.

9. I hemmed up the edges of an embroidered piece of fabric for a small tablecloth.

10. I made two enormous blocks for the community giving quilt for BAM

11. I worked on finishing my new quilt for SAT24, quilted the background, placed and stitched the shapes and created the centers for the shapes.

12. After starting it in 2019, having it ready to be quilted since then, Kaffe Blue Squares is finally in the to-be-quilted pile at the long-arm quilter's. Woot!

I did some family and friends visiting stuff, but sadly, no hikes as my knee is truly messed up. Wish me luck as I start another round of PT.

I attended a BAM Sew Day, a BAM Meeting (in person even, blogged here 28/31 days, I  instagrammed 8 times,  threaded 11 times and I spouted 1 time, facebooked 0 times and Blue-sky-ed 1 time. Continuing my streak of being barely semi-social in probably a few too many places at once!

Feeling pretty good about my efforts this past month.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

It's really good that work on 12 projects in one way or another! Great achievements.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Thanks so much!