Sunday, February 25, 2024

Muddy Hours

 It's done, my entry for the 15.4 Project Quilting prompt: Hourglass. This is called Muddy Hours.
Details, so many details.
I used machine embroidery and also normal echo stitching.
I like this corner the most. This on its own would make a cool quilt.
I like the muddiness of the printed image and the muddiness of the over dyed check linen/hemp. vs. the very clear and vibrant color hand dyed cottons.

Up close and personal, in the lower right hadn't corner, you can see my family's standing order at our favorite sushi restaurant. I was testing out the printer before I printed the fabric by printing the sushi order. There was a little hiccup and for unknown printer reasons it reprinted itself on the fabric. I then over printed with the image. Adds a little visual texture, especially because it's upside down and mostly illegilble.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

I saw the image and thought "hourglass, cool!", then I read the name and rolled my eyes at myself. I really like how you are using your decorative stitches and the sushi order is genius!

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

That sushi order thing is one of those mistakes that turned out to work out better. I like how those embroidery stitches work, especially on the smaller pieces.