Saturday, February 03, 2024

Final Steps

 

Done enough to final trim and add some facings.

This is the very beginning steps of getting the facings completed, they are stitched on and now I need to work on flattening and straightening out the corners. I'm reminding myself that teacher Rosalie Dace recommended using a hammer and some padding to flatten quilted things. I have to pre-warn my DH and DS: "Get ready for some noize guys!"

According to my original design sketch and written instructions to myself, I still needed to add two things to this quilt before sending it in and calling it done. #'s and - - - - -
 The # hashtags are done with a not too tight zig zag, rather free-hand and imprecise on purpose. I sketched them out with disappearing pen and went over them a few times. I chose between these two variegated embroidery threads to do the - - - - -

The - - - - - is done with a hand stitch, that took a little longer of course.
I think both marks worked out pretty well not too impactful or noticeable, but provides a lot of interest when seen close up.
And now it's all done except for hand stitching down the facings, hanging sleeve and label. Hopefully I'll be able to send it out on Monday.

No comments: